REQUEST FOR BIDS
The Housing Network of Hamilton County is currently soliciting bids for the renovations of 6118 Plainfield in Silverton. Please prepare a bid and submit no later than 2:00 PM on 3/15/2017. Bids can be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org or in person to 3030 West Fork Rd., Cincinnati, OH 45211. A site visit is scheduled for 9:00 AM Tuesday, March 7th.
All bids must be accompanied by a bid guarantee equivalent to five percent of the bid price. The “bid guarantee” shall consist of a firm commitment such as a bid bond, certified check, or other negotiable instrument accompanying a bid as assurance that the bidder shall, upon acceptance of his bid, execute such contractual documents as may be required within the time specified.
The successful bidder will be expected to enter into a contract with 10% retainage, monthly progress payment requests (subject to review and approval by HNHC and Hamilton County Community Development). The form of the contract will be the AIA Document A105-2007.
In addition to adhering to the drawings and specifications attached, please be aware that the following requirements also apply:
- The successful bidder will be required to have a 100% performance and payment bond.
- A performance bond on the part of the contractor shall be for 100 percent of the contract price. A “performance bond” is one executed in connection with a contract to secure fulfillment of all the contractor’s obligations under such contract.
- A payment bond on the part of the contractor shall be for 100 percent of the contract price. A “payment bond” is one executed in connection with a contract to assure payment as required by statute of all persons supplying labor and material in the execution of the work provided for in the contract.
- Where bonds are required in the situations described herein, the bonds shall be obtained from companies holding certificates of authority as acceptable sureties pursuant to 31 CFR part 223, “Surety Companies Doing Business with the United States.”
- The successful bidder will be required to produce proof of insurance:
- Worker’s Compensation
- Commercial General Liability Insurance with a combined single limit for bodily injury and property damage of not less than $1,000,000 per occurrence to protect the General Contractor and each subcontractor against claims for bodily injury or death and damage to the property of others. This shall cover the use of all equipment, hoists, and vehicles on the site(s) not covered by Automobile Liability Insurance (c, below). Insurance must name the Housing Network of Hamilton County as an additional insured.
- Automobile Liability on owner and non-owned motor vehicles used on the site or in connection therewith for a combined single limit for bodily injury and property damage of not less than $1,000,000.
- The successful bidder must adhere to the requirements of Hamilton County as it relates to Section 3. The successful bidder will be required to complete the associated forms included as attachment A.
- The successful bidder must adhere to the requirements of Hamilton County as it relates to MBE/SBE. The successful bidder will be required to complete the associated forms included as Attachment B.
- All subcontractors shall be submitted to the Housing Network for approval prior to the initiation of work by subcontractor. The Housing Network of Hamilton County reserves the right to approve all subcontractors.
Any questions can be directed to Gina Gehm 513-619-2974 email@example.com or Ron Binder 513-619-2927 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Drawings and Materials:
A1: 17-115_A1 (2)
Attachment A: Section 3 Forms: 4 Section 3 for bid packet 04122016
Attachment B: MBE/SBE Forms: 5 MBE PARTICIPATION FORM 04122016
BID FORM: Bid Form